4 Rules of Un-Conference:
- Whoever shows up are the right people
- Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
- Whenever it starts is the right time
- It is over when it is over
Facilitator: Sheryl Ozinsky
Game Changer, Unconference event is one that will showcase youth tourism in SA and is aimed at setting trends and expansion of understanding about trends and how to be on the forefront.
- Gavin lit a candle in memory of Roger Thring, who passed away at the 2014 AGM
09:30: Welcoming and opening – Sheryl Ozinsky
- Encouraging a ‘think out of the box mindset’ for the day
- A set of True & False questions set the context
- Throughout the day ‘Skits’ will be done imitating tourist/tourism situations (with members of the audience acting in the ‘Skits’)
10:00: Inspiration 1 – Jason Basel
- Founder & CEO of “Stoogle” – platform for information/knowledge library about universities and courses.
- Entrepreneur started young with many small businesses.
- “If you not reading, writing or actively engaging with a problem, you are not working”
10:30: Inspiration 2 – Ulrich Meyer-Hollings
- From Venn Africa
- Highlighted the personality type of a Game Changer person:
- Purposeful (money comes later, solve problems now)
- Develops something useful
12:00: Inspiration 3 – Anthony Bila
- Company Celebra (works with Craig Rodney)
- Video showcasing film and photography
12:30: Inspiration 4 – Craig Rodney
- Celebra: Academy and Social Media Agency.
- Content and Storyteller
14:00: Inspiration 5 – Bheki Dube
- Maboneng walking tour company
- Promoting the growth and possibilities of the Maboneng Precinct
14:45: Inspiration 6 – Sheryl Ozinsky
- Gave an inspirational presentation on the ‘Joy’ & ‘Oy’
- Established and runs the Oranjezicht city farm
*Video footage of the conference speakers & presentations
*Skits used participants from attendees.
*Presentations & videos will be made available on the SAYTC website soon